This course of competency supports the needs of builders, senior managers within building and construction firms and other construction industry personnel responsible for administering the legal obligations of a building or construction contract for medium rise projects.
This course is beneficial to participants in the following sector:
– Construction, Plumbing and Services Sector
Section 1: Comply with the laws relating to establishing and licensing a building or construction contractor.
Section 2: Engage personnel for the project.
Section 3: Administer the regulations relating to OHS, welfare, workers’ compensation, noise abatement and working hours.
Section 4: Implement rehabilitation arrangements for employees returning to work.
Section 5: Comply with taxation and insurance requirements of federal, state and territory legislation.
Section 6: Administer all obligations in a conscientious manner and observe fair trading practice.
Section 7: Comply with environmental legislation and its intent.
Evidence of the ability to:
– conform to the legal and financial obligations of the organisation
– establish and maintain good human relations with contracted employees, subcontractors and other stakeholders
– manage organisational taxation and insurance obligations successfully
– effectively advise appropriate authorities and gain the necessary approvals or responses
– promote and work in the best interest of clients.