This course of competency includes planning and preparation for the work, preparation of the surfaces and materials, application of the wallpaper and specialty materials, and completion of clean-up activities.
It also supports the attainment of the understanding and skills to apply advanced wallpaper techniques, which may include working with others and as a member of a team.
This course is beneficial to participants in the following sector:
– Construction, Plumbing and Services Sector
Section 1: Plan and prepare
Section 2: Prepare surface for wallpaper
Section 3. Prepare for the hanging process
Section 4: Apply wallpaper
Section 5: Clean up
Evidence of the ability to:
– locate, interpret and apply relevant information, standards and specifications
– comply with site safety plan and OHS legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to workplace operations
– comply with organisational policies and procedures including quality requirements
– safely and effectively operate and use tools, plant and equipment
– communicate and work effectively and safely with others
– apply specialty wallpaper to specification on a minimum of two jobs for at least 6 square metres covering one anaglypta and one other with surfaces containing power points, vents and switches.