This course of competency supports the achievement of skills and knowledge to apply and install sealant and sealant devices, which may include working with others and as a member of a team.
This course is beneficial to participants in the following sector:
– Construction, Plumbing and Services Sector
Section 1: Plan and prepare.
Section 2: Prepare surface to receive sealants.
Section 3: Apply sealant.
Section 4: Install sealant devices.
Section 5: Clean up.
Evidence of the ability to:
– comply with OHS regulations and state and territory legislation applicable to workplace operations
– comply with organisational policies and procedures, including quality assurance requirements
– select and use appropriate processes, tools and equipment to carry out tasks
– adopt and carry out correct procedures prior to and during handling and application of materials
– demonstrate safe and effective operational use of tools and equipment
– demonstrate safe application in the process of cleaning up application area and cleaning equipment
– communicate with others to ensure safe and effective operations.