This course of competency supports builders, project managers and related construction industry professionals responsible for ensuring compliance with building codes and standards in the residential and commercial construction industry.
To successfully comply with relevant standards and codes in large constructions requires a thorough knowledge of the purpose of the National Construction Code (NCC) coupled with the ability to interpret specific standards in relation to the design and specifications of building projects.
This course is beneficial to participants in the following sector:
– Construction, Plumbing and Services Sector
Section 1: Access and interpret relevant code and standard requirements
Section 2: Classify buildings
Section 3: Analyse and apply a range of solutions to a construction problem for compliance with the NCC
Section 4: Apply fire protection requirements
Section 5: Implement strategy to manage compliance with NCC for large, complex and high rise buildings
Evidence of the ability to:
– comply with organisational quality procedures and processes
– apply and interpret relevant documentation and codes
– accurately apply NCC codes and standards relating to performance of and compliance with building project work
– demonstrate understanding of the assessment methods available to determine whether a building solution complies with the NCC.