The course includes planning and preparation for the work, preparation of the application area, application of the specialist coatings and completion of clean-up activities.
This course of competency supports the attainment of the understanding and skills to apply intumescent coatings to building surfaces in a range of construction projects, which may include working with others and as a member of a team.
This course is beneficial to participants in the following sector:
– Construction, Plumbing and Services Sector
– Creative Arts and Culture
Upon completion of this course, participants will possess adequate skill in:
– Strategic Marketing Skill Set
– Service Management Skill Set
Section 1: Plan and prepare.
Section 2: Prepare application area.
Section 3: Apply intumescent coatings to timber
Section 4: Apply intumescent coatings to structural metal
Section 5: Clean up and store equipment
Evidence of the ability to:
– locate, interpret and apply relevant information, standards and specifications
– comply with site safety plan and OHS legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to workplace operations
– comply with organisational policies and procedures including quality requirements
– safely and effectively operate and use tools, plant and equipment
– communicate and work effectively and safely with others
– complete to specification, ensuring correct film thickness, surface preparation and finishing techniques, the following intumescent coating applications:
* a minimum of one application on a timber surface
* a minimum of one application on a structural steel surface.