This course is beneficial to participants in the following sector:
– Construction, Plumbing and Services Sector
Upon completion of this course, participants will possess adequate skill in:
– Lead a building, construction or plumbing and services team
Section 1: Apply the laws relating to builder licensing or registration.
Section 2: Apply OHS legislation and provisions on site.
Section 3: Apply the codes, Acts, regulations and standards relevant to construction.
Section 4: Comply with insurance and regulatory requirements for housing construction.
Section 5: Apply legislation to financial transactions.
Section 6: Meet building contract obligations.
Section 7: Apply industrial relations policies and obligations relevant to housing construction.
Section 8: Apply dispute resolution processes.
Evidence of the ability to:
– understand appropriate registration, licensing or compliance requirements of state or territory registration authorities
– meet appropriate business registration requirements
– identify and specify appropriate insurance documentation, citing protection that meets local industry requirements
– identify and specify requirements for compliance with:
– OHS legislation
– legislation pertaining to financial transactions, including payment of wages and subcontractor and supplier invoices
– relevant building and construction codes, Acts, regulations and standards
– sustainability and environmental legislation
– industrial relations laws
– legal obligations of contractual agreements.