This course includes planning and preparation for the work, preparation of the work area, mixing of materials, application of paint, finishing of the surface and completion of clean-up activities. It also supports the attainment of the understanding and skills to prepare surfaces for painting, which may include working with others and as a member of a team.
This course is beneficial to participants in:
– Construction, Plumbing and Services Sector
Upon completion of this course, participants will possess adequate skill in:
– Strategic Marketing Skill Set
– Service Management Skill Set
Section 1: Plan and prepare
Section 2: Prepare work area and materials.
Section 3: Apply paint with brush or roller.
Section 4: Finish the application
Section 5: Clean up.
Evidence of the ability to:
– Locate, interpret and apply relevant information, standards and specifications
– comply with site safety plan and OHS legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to workplace operations
– comply with organisational policies and procedures including quality requirements
– safely and effectively operate and use tools, plant and equipment
– communicate and work effectively and safely with others
– apply paint by brush and roller (with finishes being to specification, including in terms of defects, thickness, colour, level of opacity, finish, texture and sheen), to a range of surfaces, including:
* four different surface types
* a minimum application of 6 square metres brushed or rolled
* a timber panel door
* a flush door
* a timber window, including architrave and frame with moving parts (e.g. box frame, hopper and awning).