This course of competency supports the attainment of the understanding and skills to apply paint by spray, which may include working with others and as a member of a team.
This course is beneficial to participants in the following sector:
– Construction, Plumbing and Services Sector
– Creative Arts and Culture Sector
Section 1: Plan and prepare
Section 2: Prepare materials and application area.
Section 3: Set up and test spray equipment.
Section 4: Apply paint using the spray system.
Section 5: Clean up and store equipment.
Evidence of the ability to:
– locate, interpret and apply relevant information, standards and specifications
– comply with site safety plan and OHS legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to workplace operations
– comply with organisational policies and procedures including quality requirements
– safely and effectively operate and use tools, plant and equipment
– communicate and work effectively and safely with others
– apply by spray to specification the following (with finishes being to specification, including in terms of defects, thickness, sheen, opacity, colour and sharpness):
-one acrylic and one alkyd or solvent paint system to at least 6 square metres
-airless applicant of acrylic paint
-application to a door of at least 2 square metre
-dispose of all paint types in an environmentally sustainable way compliant with relevant local legislation and regulations
– clean and store painting equipment using environmentally sustainable methods and work dispose of all paint types in an environmentally sustainable way compliant with relevant local legislation and regulations.