This course of competency includes planning and preparation for the work, preparation of the work area and materials, application of the coating system and completion of clean-up activities. It also supports the attainment of the understanding and skills to apply protective coatings, which may include working with others and as a member of a team.
This course is beneficial to participants in the following sector:
– Construction, Plumbing and Services Sector
– Transport and Logistics Sector
Section 1: Plan and prepare
Section 2: Prepare surfaces for protective coating
Section 3: Apply protective coating system
Section 4: Clean up
Evidence of the ability to:
– locate, interpret and apply relevant information, standards and specifications
– comply with site safety plan and OHS legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to workplace operations
– comply with organisational policies and procedures including quality requirements
– safely and effectively operate and use tools, plant and equipment
– communicate and work effectively and safely with others
– remove graffiti from two different substrates of at least 1 square metre using two approved cleaning methods
– apply a minimum of one sacrificial and one non-sacrificial preventative coating, each to a different substrate of at least 1 square metre.