It applies to people with managerial responsibilities who aim to build a better and more effective work environment. Continuous improvement and innovation have links with the model of the learning organisation and people working at this level play an important role in building the culture, values and attitudes of the organisation.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this course.
This course is beneficial to participants in the following sectors:
– Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Sector
– Resources and Infrastructure Industry Sector
– Pulp & Paper Manufacturing Industry Sector
– Information and Communications Technology Sector
– Printing and Graphic Arts Sector
– Health Sector
– Financial Services Sector
– Defence Sector
– Creative Arts and Culture Sector
– Community Services Sector
– Business Services Sector
Upon completion of this course, participants will possess adequate skill in:
– Quality Management
– Implementing Policy for Diversity Skill Set
Management and Leadership – Management.
Section 1: Review programs, systems and processes
Section 2: Develop options for continuous improvement
Section 3: Implement innovative processes
Evidence of the ability to:
– Analyse and evaluate systems and performance in key areas of the organisation and identify opportunities for improvement, seeking advice from experts as appropriate.
– Promote the value of creativity, innovation and sustainability and recognise successes.
– Support the testing and trialling of new ideas and undertake risk management and cost-benefit analysis for options.
– Plan for and implement improvements using organisation’s processes for approvals, project management and change management.
– Facilitate effective contributions to and communications about continuous improvement and innovation.
– Capture insights, experiences and ideas for improvements and incorporate them into the organisation’s knowledge management systems and future planning.